Several times you may face a problem with your HP touch screen. There are several ways to fix the HP laptop touch screen not working. If your HP computer touch screen is not working correctly then follow the below steps.
Use the troubleshooting steps
Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
- You have to make sure that your HP computer has a touch screen.
- In your computer windows, search open view Pen and touch info.
- If the Pen and touch show that “No pen or touch input is available for this display” it means that you don’t have a touch screen.
- You have seen the product specification for your HP desktop on the HP customer support website.
- You have to check the labels on the HP computer and the product packaging. Several models equipped with touch screen viewers.
Step 2: Reinstall the Touch Screen Driver
It is not working maybe because it is not enabled or needs to reinstall. You have to use a Driver Manager for it.
- You have to open Device Manager in Windows.
- Open the list of the Human Interface Devices.
- You have to tap on the right on the Touch Screen Devices.
- If the option is not displayed then go for the next step
- Tap right on Touch Screen device and click on uninstall.
- You have to restart the computer.
- Click the screen if it responds if not then go for the next step.
Step 3: Configure the touch display
- In the windows, you have to open Calibrate the Screen for pen and touch input.
- Tap on set up on the display step.
- Tap on touch input
- You have to follow the on-screen directions to check your screen.
- Check the screen if it works. If it is not working please go next.
Step 5: Install the windows update
- Update your windows because all the drivers will be updated too.
Step 6: Perform the touch screen diagnostic test in the HP Hardware Diagnostics
You have to perform the test to find the problem.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the desktop
- Push the power button for five or more seconds.
- Turn off the computer
- Turn on the computer and long press on Esc. When the start-up menu shows then tap on the F2
- Tap on Component Test on Display
- Tap on the touch screen
- Tap on the Touch Printer Test.
- Follow the instructions and tap run once.
- Tap on each block to remove it and when the test ends you have to erase all the blocks. You will get results on the display.
- Tap on Main Menu.
- Tap on Touch Screen.
- Tap on Drag and Drop Test.
- Read the instructions and tap on run once.
- Drag the orange rectangle on the box indicated.
- The test ends once you have repeat all the blocks and you will get the result in three minutes.
- If it fails then go for the next.
if you have a problem connecting wifi with your laptop then do checkout how to fix hp laptop won’t connect to wifi problems.
Step 7: Adjust the power management setting for your touch screen
- In the windows, Open the device manager
- Expand the Human Interface devices
- Tap on the touch screen
- Tap on the properties.
- Tap on the Power Management Tab.
- Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Tap in Ok.
Step 8: Hard reset the desktop
If nothing is working then you have to perform the hard reset on your computer.
Step 8: Update the Bios
It can happen that updating the bios can repair the touch screen. Even it is also important to update the bios on your computer.
Step 9: Reset your computer
You can reset your computer to get better results and get your touch screen back.
If it is still not working then you have to go through the below step to Fix- HP laptop touch screen not working.
- Clean the screen
- Configure the touch display
- You have to perform the touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics.
- Shutdown your computer and perform Hard reset
- Contact the HP support team.
Hopefully, all the above steps that resolved that you were having with your touch screen. Above all are the effective ways to fix touch screen not working on your HP Computer. HP Support Assistant is also a good way to resolve the issue.